Hi!

Welcome to my blog. I am a teenage girl and I love to read. On this blog I will be sharing my favourite books and series and possibly some for younger and older age groups. Also, I will post my favourite quotes from some books I love. I hope you enjoy this blog and feel free to comment!

Sunday 8 July 2012

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

The front cover of the first book
The Red Pyramid is set in the modern day world where the Ancient Egyptian Gods and Goddesses are all real. Sadie and Carter Kane are brother and sister. Their mother died when they were young and ever since then Carter has stayed with his dad, an archeologist while he travelled the world, and Sadie stayed with her grandparents in London. On a visit to London to see Sadie, their father takes them to the British Museum. There, he is trapped in a coffin and the Kane's discover a whole new world of magic. They set off on a quest to save their father, and the world...


This book is the first of a trilogy, and I have enjoyed all three. The books are told as if they are a transcript of an audio recording, which makes the book very unique in its style. They are all very funny and I also learnt a lot about Egyptian mythology. The books aren't very hard reads, and I really recommend the whole trilogy!


Recommended age: 10-14


Rating: 8/10


Here is the link to buy the first book on amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Kane-Chronicles-Red-Pyramid/dp/014132550X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1341769137&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment