Hi!

Welcome to my blog. I am a teenage girl and I love to read. On this blog I will be sharing my favourite books and series and possibly some for younger and older age groups. Also, I will post my favourite quotes from some books I love. I hope you enjoy this blog and feel free to comment!

Saturday 23 June 2012

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne


The front cover

This book is about two boys living at the time of World War II one of them is a German and son of a Commandant, Bruno as he is called, has moved from Berlin to a strange place called Out-With where there is nowhere to explore and no boys to play with. There is only one thing that is interesting, a long high fence. One day Bruno is out exploring by the fence when he spots “a dot, that became a speck, that became a blob, that became a figure, that became a boy.” This boy is called Shmuel and lives on the other side of the fence and like all the other people there, gets to wear striped pyjamas all day long.
This is quite a disturbing book at times and the author cleverly shows the horrors of war without actually describing them. The story follows a German family’s stresses and strains caused by Hitler and the Nazis.
The story made me cry and laugh, while being a brilliant story and showing war from a child's point of view.

Recommended Age: 12-17

Rating: 8/10

Here is the link to buy this book on amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment