Hi!

Welcome to my blog. I am a teenage girl and I love to read. On this blog I will be sharing my favourite books and series and possibly some for younger and older age groups. Also, I will post my favourite quotes from some books I love. I hope you enjoy this blog and feel free to comment!

Sunday 24 June 2012

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon

The front cover
Christopher is a boy with aspergers. He doesn't understand the world and the people around him. Even though he is extremely clever, he doesn't 'get' people. When a dog next door is killed with a garden fork, Christopher decides to become a detective and solve the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime. However, he soon discovers more than he bargained for.

This book gives an unique insight into the world of autism. The view Christopher has of the world is simplistic and amazing. I think that Haddon's vision of life with autism is fascinating. The story doesn't make you pity people with autism, it makes you respect and admire them

Recommended Age: 13+

Rating: 9/10

Here is the link to buy this book on amaozon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Curious-Incident-Dog-Night-time/dp/0099450259

No comments:

Post a Comment