Hi!

Welcome to my blog. I am a teenage girl and I love to read. On this blog I will be sharing my favourite books and series and possibly some for younger and older age groups. Also, I will post my favourite quotes from some books I love. I hope you enjoy this blog and feel free to comment!

Tuesday 19 June 2012

The Society of S by Susan Hubbard

The front cover

This book tells the story of Ariella, a girl whose mother disappeared when she was young and whose father has home-schooled her, all her life. Her father, a scientist keeps her protected from the outside world, but what will happen when she is exposed to life outside closed doors and decides to go on a search for her mother. 
This book was very unusual and unique in both storyline and style. It is essentially a vampire novel, but very unlike many, much more popular stories, asThe plot was complicated but followable, which creates a very captivating story. The characters were likeable and relatable. It manages to incorporate a fantasy element into the story without being far fetched or leaving the characters removed from the reader. My only criticism for the book is that the first part can be slightly slow, but it soon picks up. Overall this book was definitely enjoyable and captivating, and extremely unique.      Rating: 7/10
Recommended age: 13-16
Here is the link to buy this book on amazon:

1 comment:

  1. Hi! This blog looks really good and helpful! I'll be sure to look at your good recommendations :D

    ReplyDelete