Hi!

Welcome to my blog. I am a teenage girl and I love to read. On this blog I will be sharing my favourite books and series and possibly some for younger and older age groups. Also, I will post my favourite quotes from some books I love. I hope you enjoy this blog and feel free to comment!

Thursday 21 June 2012

The Magicians Guild by Trudi Canavan

The Front Cover

The Magician's Guild is an amazing story set in a different world ruled by Magicians. Every year in Imardin, the Magicians purge the city of the 'dwells' or slums of the capital city Kyralia. In a protest one year, Sonea, a young dwell inhabitant throws a rock at the Magicians, who are protected by a magical barrier. When the rock breaks through the barrier and knocks out a magician, Sonea realises she is a magician. She goes on the run, to avoid capture by the Magicians...

This is an brilliant story with a great adventure. I love the world Canavan creates. Most fantasy books are in our world, but this one is so believable, it doesn't need to be in our world to enjoy it.
I really enjoyed this book, and the rest of the trilogy. It's the sort of book which I just couldn't put down.

Rating: 8/10

Recommended Age: 12-15

Here is the link to buy this book on amazon:

No comments:

Post a Comment